Eversource Worker Electrocuted In Sandwich Yesterday

Sandwich Fire Chief John Burke says an Eversource worker is lucky to be alive after he was electrocuted yesterday. 

The worker was at the Switching Yard on Tupper Road when he received a jolt of nearly 8 thousand volts through his body. 

So extreme was the jolt that the worker has entry and exit wounds.

He was airlifted to a Boston Hospital where officials say he is in stable condition.

Electric Utility Lineman Cuts Jumper Wire Connection

Photo: Getty Images North America

Cool 102 · Cape Cod's Classic Rock Station
Listen Now on iHeartRadio