In our world of social distancing and working from home, more and more employers are finding it necessary to conduct job interviews virtually instead of in person. I feel like that's a mixed bag, some are more comfortble doing interviews via Zoom while others would prefer to be in person.
According to the Houston Chronicle, CareerBuilder conducted a survey of more than 1,900 hiring and HR managers to discover the body language mistakes potential employees make during distanced job interview, see them below!
- Failure to make eye contact: 68%
- Failure to smile: 38%
- Playing with something on the table: 36%
- Fidgeting too much in his/her seat: 32%
- Bad posture: 31%
- Crossing their arms over their chest: 31%
- Playing with hair or touching one’s face: 26%
- Handshake that is too weak: 22%
- Using too many hand gestures: 13%
- Handshake is too strong: 8%
Click HERE for the full story!